Stevens Institute of Technology
Hoboken, New Jersey
SAT/ACT mins: Depends on major, please see http://www.stevens.edu/sit/veterans/
SAT or ACT Scores must not be more than: 1 year old.
LSP Application deadline: Stevens Institute has a rolling admission policy.
Where to find application: http://www.stevens.edu/sit/veterans/
Freshmen class report date: Late August for Fall, Middle of January for Spring.
Yellow Ribbon participant: Yes.
Will you cover difference between tuition minus GI Bill and cost of in state "state" school tuition? Or do you want to keep it to in-state residents? We fully fund qualified Post 9-11 and Montgomery Bill w/Yellow Ribbon.
Do you want to donate additional money to each applicant should the need arise? Yes, financial aid based on need.
Processing fees: None.
All majors open to Marines? Yes.
Recognize AA degree or any college course work: Absolutely! As well as good military school performance (Our Faculty Liaison is a former Marine 2502 Officer, so we can read military transcripts and connect the right programs with MOS, especially in engineering).
Recognize awarding of college credits via alternative means, e.g., DANTES or CLEP: Most Definitely! Please see previous answer.
Fact Sheet on Stevens Veterans Office
Providing stellar education in engineering, leadership and technology to Our Nation's Heroes is not a new commitment here at Castle Point, as since 1870, Stevens has been providing education ranging from the Navy Steamship Engineering School in WWI to a large contingent of officer leadership training in WWII, to engineering education during Korea and Vietnam.
- Since the re-activation of the Stevens Veterans Office in Spring, '09, over 50 Veterans, current military members and children of current military have enrolled in Stevens classes at both the graduate and undergraduate levels and are using the SVO office and the best educational benefits offered to Veterans and military members since WW II
- Stevens was the first school of its category to receive the Yellow Ribbon designation from the US Government in the NY/NJ Metropolitan area
- All four of the major services (Marine Corps, Navy, Army and Air Force) are represented in our Veteran/Military student community
- The Stevens Veterans Office Team has specialists from education, finance, student support and administration that work closely with each and every Veteran and military family member.
- Stevens has developed partnerships with all of the VA Medical facilities in the Northeast US, as well as the National Association of State Veteran Homes and other leading Veteran organizations.